For the past 6 years, GLAMOUR South Africa celebrates successful women in our country and these women are strong, independent rolemodels to a lot of young and older women who wants to be successful in their respective fields. Business women, sports women and even fashion designers all form part of these award categories and we would like to share the winners of 2013 with you! Here is the 8 fabulous ladies that is an inspiration to all!
1. The Sound Maker - Pretty Yende: This amazing singer is from a small township called Piet Retief Town and has sung with Andrea Bocelli and travelled through Europe!
2. The Next Best Thing - Anne Hirsch: Anne is a talented comedian and known for the YouTube sensation The Anne Hirsch Show. She has written and performed 3 one-woman shows and is very successful in interviewing SA celebs!
3. The Pop Icon - Toya Delazy: Toya is probably one of the coolest women in SA with her retro sense of style and unique style of music. Not only is she a talented singer, but she also has her own fashion range in Legit and her own company called Delazy Entertainment.
4. The Stylista - Felicity Spies: This Britsh born fashion lover is very successful in the fashion industry with her own fashion boutique, Egality. She started with a pop-up store and now have her own space in Johannesburg.
5. The Media Diva - Liezel van der Westhuizen: Liezel is well known as SA's "giraffe" and she is not only popular in the media but also a great sportswoman that completed the Dusi Canoe Marathon. She was the 2nd woman in the world to present Idols and she is on KFM radio.
6. The Uplifter - Nicola Jackman: This good hearted woman is well known for her love for children and wants to bring joy and light into people's lives. She is the co-founder of the UPlifment Programme - a non profit care-clowning organisation, and she also travels to schools and theatres as her alter-ego MAfrica.
7. The Reader's Choice: Minnie Dlamini: Minnie has a finger in every pie and she loves living the glamorous life! She has openend SA Fashion Week, had her own clothing line in Legit, acted in Generations and the Wild and also DJ's on Metro FM. This bombshell just has it all.
8. The Campaigner - Zanele Muholi: Zanele is a photographer that wants to create a positive image of black lesbians in the media. She has had more than 10 solo and 35 group exhibits of her photographs and her work expresses strength and passion.
Congratulations to all these ladies!
No comments yet on The 6th Annual Glamour of the Year Awards 2013.